Now I will be the first to tell you, I honestly had no idea what Turmeric Powder was let alone really ever even heard of it but in brief cookbooks here and there. I was really excited to give it a try, especially after I did some research on all it's benefits! According to Wikipedia, "Turmeric grows wild in the forests of South and Southeast Asia. It is one of the key ingredients in many Asian dishes. Trials are ongoing for its potential efficacy against several human diseases in clinical trials, including kidney and cardiovascular diseases, arthritis, several types of cancer and irritable bowel disease."
After reading all that and more, I decided this was going to be something I would try to work in anywhere I really could. We decided to go with a Healthy Meatball Alfredo with Mushrooms Recipe for dinner using the Turmeric.
Grab yourself the following:
1 Lb. - Ground Turkey or Chicken
1 Bag (8 oz) - Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (or an Italian Blend)
2 Tbsp. - Butter
2 Cups - Milk (skim is ideal for the healthiest alternative)
2 Tsp. - Turmeric Powder
2 Cups - Cauliflower
1 Cup - Sliced Mushrooms
2 Tsp. - Grated Parmesan
1 Lb. - Noodles of choice
- First mix your Ground Turkey, Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, and Turmeric Powder in a bowl until ingredients are spread throughout.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Next roll approximately 2 tablespoons worth of the meat mix into ball shapes. This can vary depending on the size meatballs you desire. Place these on a cookie sheet and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes depending on size. (All meat should be cooked to 165 degrees in the center)
- Then steam your cauliflower until thoroughly soft.
- While your cauliflower is cooling, begin boiling in a large pot or saucepan your Grated Parmesan, Sliced Mushrooms, Butter and Milk.
- Also start heating water in another pan for cooking your noodles. Add noodles once water is boiling and cook until el dente.
- Next blend or thoroughly mash cauliflower and add to sauce mixture. Stir until smooth and reduce heat so sauce can thicken.
- Once everything is complete mix all together and enjoy!
I've got to say not only did this taste amazing, I knew I was feeding my family something healthy that they wouldn't normally find with a regular Alfredo meal. I am beyond thrilled with the quality of the Jiva Organics Turmeric Powder as well as the flavor! I love that the entire line of products is certified organic. I also love that I can get a large amount of organic spice without the normal cost. The value is amazing!
Available to purchase/Cost: $13.98 Jiva Organics USDA Organic Turmeric Powder, 1 Pound
Recommendation: These are great spices in every way I can think of. Not only is this EXTREMELY inexpensive compared to even the cheap brands of seasonings at the grocery store but the quality is unlike anything you can normally find at your average local store.
There are also several great recipes listed on the site as well that I'd recommend checking out.
Facebook: Jiva Organic Foods
Complete list of Jiva products
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
*Read my Disclosure