read the long detailed version about my families experience.
Luckily there are companies out there which truly care enough to make their products geared towards the safety of your children. HALO is one of them! Now I'm sure you've heard of and used the Halo Sleep Sacks before if you have children already but I also want to tell you that they now also carry a line of products for older children as well.
I was sent over a HALO® SleepSack® Swaddle to review. Being that my two kiddos are older now and I still wanted to share this wonderful company with you, I went with a newborn one to give to Chantel who just had her twin girls!
This is a 2-in-1 adjustable swaddle which would be used to take the place of loose blankets. This way you avoid potential blankets from covering your child's face as well as tangling. It can be worn with arms out or wrapped inside and has an inverted zipper to make it easier to change baby's diaper! The SleepSack is also made of 100% Polyester Micro-fleece so you can rest assured it will be soft and keep your loved one warm!
Please Remember to follow these recommended Safe Sleep Practices:
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked."
Recommendation: You know to have a company that makes a dependable brand/product that I can use from birth to even 5 years old, I am sold! Kids just grow too darn fast and keeping up with different brands for different ages can just get kind of ridiculous! Plus this is a feel good brand that you know has your child in mind ALWAYS!!
Facebook: Halo Sleep Sack
Pinterest: Halo Sleep Sack
During the month of October, HALO will donate $1 to SIDS Awareness for every new Facebook “like”.
HALO Innovation’s SleepSack® wearable blankets have become the standard for hospital nurseries and parents alike. In fact, 1,000 hospital nurseries use the HALO SleepSack Swaddle instead of blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. HALO Innovations also offers free Safe Sleep Practices kits to childbirth educators to help further the cause of SIDS prevention.
Giveaway: Halo is going to give one of A Lucky Ladybug's lucky readers a HALO SleepSack in Micro-Fleece of their own!
*Read my Disclosure